Friday, February 3, 2012

Election 2012

Before 2007, I voted for whoever and whatever my mom told me to vote for.  Turns out she was always right, but I decided then that I wanted to study the issues myself and make my own decisions when it comes to elections.  I think that everyone has a responsibility to be somewhat informed of the issues each election cycle.  But it's time-consuming!  And you don't know who to listen to!  Well, the next couple of posts will be 60-second bios on each of the Presidential candidates.  Let it be known that I WILL show some bias, but I'll stick to economic issues.  Hopefully it will be semi-informative.  A great place to go for unbiased direction is votesmart.org.  Go to their vote easy page to find the candidate that best represents your views.

1 comment:

  1. Great advice, David. One of the most valuable resources at VoteSmart is the interest group ratings given to each candidate. Skilled politicians sell themselves according to the demands of a crowd: interest group ratings, however, point to where the politician stands on a variety of issues.

    In 2008, I was often surprised to hear friends talk about how they appreciated (then) Senator Obama's "moderate" approach to politics. Projects like votesmart.org give the average voter the chance to dispel the spin that comes from campaigns.

    http://votesmart.org/candidate/evaluations/9490/barack-obama-ii

    ReplyDelete